How Much to Rent a Uhaul Truck for One Day Trucksbrands.com – Curious about the cost of renting a U-Haul truck for one day? Dive into our comprehensive guide for a breakdown of prices, truck sizes, and tips to make your move a breeze.
We’ve all seen the $19.95 per day rate stamped on the side of every U-Haul truck and van across the country. While that rate may seem like a great deal, it’s likely only a small portion of your final bill.
So how much does it actually cost to rent a U-Haul truck?
How Much to Rent a Uhaul Truck for One Day
In fact, the infamous $19.95 price point only applies to local moves and to one of its three smallest fleet options:
- 8’ U-Haul pickup truck
- 9’ U-Haul cargo van
- 10’ U-Haul Rental truck
This means that the rate does not apply if you want to make a “one way” move, i.e. get off at a different location – aka a long distance mover.
Local U-Haul truck costs are consistent everywhere, but that $19.95 is just for the truck rental fee. And in the end you will get the mileage rate and taxes on your final bill (vary by location).
U-Haul Truck Rental Bill
We know, you have a big question: what will your final bill be when you rent a U-Haul ? Below we break down how U-Haul gets its prices.
The following are several items that you must pay from 1 (one) U-Haul bill:
- Rental truck fee ($19.95/day — for three smallest fleet option)
- Mileage fee (varies by location/distance driven and doesn’t apply to trailers)
- Damage protection fees (aka insurance)
- Fuel costs (Doesn’t apply to trailers)
- Environmental fees (Doesn’t apply to trailers)
- Equipment rentals
- Miscellaneous fees (e.g., Cleaning, toll, damage, parking, convenience, drop-off fees)
How Much does Renting U-Haul Truck Actually Cost?
The cost of renting a U-Haul truck for a day can vary based on several factors:
- Truck Size: Different truck sizes come at varying rates. Larger trucks typically cost more than smaller ones.
- Mileage: Some rentals come with a set number of miles included in the base rate, while additional miles incur extra charges.
- Location: Rates can differ based on the rental location and availability.
- Time of Year: Prices might fluctuate depending on the demand, especially during peak moving seasons.
For a rough estimate, a small U-Haul truck (like a 10-foot truck) might start around $20 to $40 for the day, plus mileage fees (typically around $0.59 to $0.99 per mile). Larger trucks (like a 26-foot truck) can range from $40 to $80 or more per day, plus mileage.
Remember, these prices are approximate and can vary significantly based on location and other factors, so it’s best to check directly with U-Haul or similar rental companies for accurate pricing for your specific requirements.
What are the U-Haul Truck Rental Options?
U-Haul offers a diverse range of truck rental options to accommodate different moving needs. Each truck size comes with its own set of features and capabilities, allowing renters to choose based on the volume of items to be moved
Some of the main truck options available for rental include:
- Cargo Vans: Ideal for smaller moves or transporting smaller items. These are easy to drive and maneuver in urban areas.
- 10-Foot Trucks: Suitable for studio or one-bedroom moves, these trucks can handle items from a small apartment.
- 15-Foot Trucks: Good for moving a small to a medium-sized apartment or home.
- 17-Foot Trucks: Slightly larger and suitable for a two-bedroom home move.
- 20-Foot Trucks: Fit for larger moves, accommodating items from a three-bedroom home.
- 26-Foot Trucks: The largest option available, capable of handling moves from a four-bedroom home or larger.
Additionally, U-Haul offers trailers for rent, including utility trailers, car trailers, and motorcycle trailers, which can be beneficial for transporting specific items or vehicles. Factors such as mileage, ease of driving, and loading capacity should be considered when selecting the most suitable U-Haul truck for a move or transportation task.
Best Offer’s from U-Haul Truck Rental
U-Haul has many options at lowest costs for whatever your moving needs are. Here’s what they are:
- U-Haul truck share is one of the most flexible deals you can get. This allows you access to a moving truck without the costs or responsibilities of owning one. You can rent a truck for any amount of time based on your schedule. Pick up and return it at your convenience, any time, day or night, using your phone.
- One-way truck rentals can help with long distance relocations. There are over 20,000 U-Haul rental locations spread out across the U.S. and Canada. Find one near your destination and drop the truck off at the closest location without having to drive it back to where you started.
- In-town truck rentals are for local moves where you pick up and drop off at the same location. If you only need a truck to move within the state, or up to 40 miles, truck rates start as low as $19.95. If you need extended miles or days, there’s a special rental rate for that.
At times the truck has to be dropped-off at the very same location that it was pick-up from. Bigger trucks will be more expensive than small vans.
If you are aware that you’ll be renting several trucks, attempt to reserve all of them at the exact same time (bulk rates can cut prices significantly, same like whenever you’re attempting to get tires in bulk). Renting a pickup truck will probably be cheaper than renting a full-size moving truck.
Think of all of the trips you save your vehicle, and the gas money you’ll become back with that. When you are in possession of a front-wheel-drive vehicle, you ought to take a tow dolly, which is more affordable, but otherwise, you will require an auto carrier, which is sturdier but more expensive choice.
You don’t need to obtain a truck that’s either too small or too large to deal with your requirements. So take your coupon and receive a quote from Budget for whichever size or sort of truck you are searching for.
How Much to Rent Uhaul Moving Truck Rental for One Day
Finally, it’s better to keep in mind that you’ve resolved to rent a 1 way moving truck rather than hire a complete service moving company with just one goal in mind to spend less, if at all possible.
Don’t believe that renting a moving truck is the only choice available! It is a lot bigger than a regular car. While renting a moving truck is surely more affordable than hiring a moving company, it can still result in a few more fees on the way.
U-Haul’s 10 ft. moving trucks are ideal for tackling a more compact move. What You Should Do to Find Out About How Much to Rent a Uhaul Truck for One Day Before You’re Left Behind.
If you fret about prices, it’s always wise to work with quotes from various Laguna Niguel moving truck providers, in order to understand how to budget. You may haggle and negotiate the purchase price.
How Much to Rent a Uhaul Truck for One Day – home depot truck rental
In the majority of cases, the price and present availability will limit your options which ought to simplify the decision-making approach. Like anything there are methods to cut cost.
Understandably, the overall moving cost is going to be the initial criterion for the approaching comparative analysis, and therefore, it’s definitely an excellent idea to understand what professional movers will provide you for the very same unchanged parameters of your forthcoming move.
Negotiating moving truck rental costs is a significant means to save. Furthermore, if you’re not returning the rental truck to its original place, you might have to pay another fee to the rental firm.
If you somehow manage to obtain a really excellent truck rental deal, then you’re most likely to conserve money as renting a moving vehicle is anticipated to be your main expense when moving by yourself.
How Much Uhaul One-Way Truck Rental Cost
Moving in 1 day is tough. Remember as long because you can finish your move in 1 day, renting a moving truck will likely be your smartest choice, based on how far you’re driving. If you’re doing a more compact move, however, your initial reaction is very likely to pick an in-town rental.
Whether moving to a different location or flights are excessively costly or cancelled, car rental may be a very affordable form or transportation. Most rental places also provide other services also.
Additionally, you might have to go to a farther truck rental service location to come across the appropriate size truck. You would be astounded at what they have to give in the method of rentals for the do it yourselfer. Generally speaking, truck rentals do not acquire great gas mileage.
When you decide that you would like to rent moving truck rental with Penske, you’ve got few options how you do this. The amount of gas Given their large dimensions, truck rentals have a tendency to be serious gas guzzlers. Driving a massive truck rental farther down the road is no simple feat.
Cheapest Moving Truck Rental
Luckily, there are numerous one-way truck rentals to select from when moving. The very last thing that you want to do is rent the incorrect size truck rental when moving.
As guidance, truck rentals should hold a particular quantity of household items which are measured in cubic feet. The size of your move Needless to say, the more belongings you intend to move, the larger the truck rental will have to be.
If you’ve got an unlimited mileage truck rental, you are not going to have to think too much about the additional miles.